Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Blog Named Hero — Recycle & Reuse

I made this card for the current challenge over at A Blog Named Hero. Though it's been on my feedly Reading list for several months now this is the first time I'm joining in. Of course I'm no stranger to Hero Arts. You'd have to live under a rock to not know Hero Arts, LOL. They have a great product line and if you're an OWHer you know they've been a tremendous supporter to Operation Write Home, so what's not to love about them? :)

The challenge requires that you recycle and reuse something that you would be throwing away. Now I am really pretty careful about what I use on OWH cards but I definitely reuse ribbon whenever it's part of a package/product wrapping and I can say without hestitation that I almost always have a book or two that are falling apart or damaged and I save those for using as paper on my cards. I've even bought some at the used bookstore our local library runs.

This pretty stamp called Blooming Meadow, which works well in any color, makes a pretty and quick card when used in this way. A couple of layers a bit of ribbon or twin and in this case a piece of vellum. I used Onyx Black Versafine Ink by Tsunieko. It's quick to dry, even on the vellum, and no heat setting is necessary. This is definitely a design that could be mass produced if you need a bunch or were making gift sets.

Happy Crafting!
signature


SUPPLIES USED: 
STAMPS: Bloomin Meadow, Sentiment - Remember Your Kindness (Hero Arts)
INKS: Eggplant (Stampin Up)
PAPER: Recollections Solids (Michael's)
OTHER: Raffia (Michael's), Book page(s)
BASICS: Click HERE to check out my crafting tool bag.

6 comments:

TK said...

I love this. What a great use for books that are falling apart. I've had a few of those. And so quick for an elegant thank you card...or anything card. Great idea with the vellum and twine or ribbon too. Oh yeah, CASing this one for sure. (Thanks in advance.)

Unknown said...

Paula I love this card. What a great idea to repurpose pages of a book. I will be copying this for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Very nice card Paula! I love the use of the book page.

Tammy Nyenhuis said...

I love your card Paula! I have that stamp, you gave me a great idea, thanks for the inspiration!

Lara said...

This is a perfect card!! I LOVE everything about it. Simple design, yet so elegant. Colors are great, yet could be changed without taking away from the card. Stunning.

Tina said...

Such a lovely card Paula. I love how you used the damaged book page. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...